4+1 Blended BS/MS Program
IME Department - Blended BS/MS Program (4+1)
The blended program provides motivated students with an accelerated route to the MS in Industrial Engineering (IE) or an MS in Engineering with a specialization in Integrated Technology Management (ITM), simultaneously conferring both bachelor's and master's degrees. Students in the blended program are provided with a seamless process whereby they can progress from undergraduate to graduate status. The blended program may allow students to earn graduate credit for several senior electives, effectively decreasing the summed unit requirements for both degrees.
Eligibility for Blended BS/MS (4+1)
Students may be eligible to pursue the blended program toward the MS in Industrial Engineering or the MS Engineering with a specialization in Integrated Technology Management. Students with earned undergraduate degrees in any engineering major are eligible for admission. A minimum grade point average of 3.0 in the last 90-quarter units (60 semester units) is required for admission.
Application Process BS/MS (4+1)
Submit the following five items to the IME Graduate Coordinator:
- Cover letter explaining why you wish to be admitted into the Blended BS/MS (4+1) Program Please specify which program you are applying to, either the MS Industrial Engineering (IE) or the MENG/Integrated Technology Management (ITM).
- Please fill out the Postbaccalaureate Change of Objective Form. You sign it and after you are accepted we will get the other signatures.
- Please fill out the IE BS+MS Blended Program Application.
- Calculate GPA for the last 90 units. (USING this example.xls)
- Print an unoffical copy of your transcript from Poly Profile.
Deadlines for admission: Full applications must be submitted to the graduate coordinator by April 1 for Fall admittance, October 1 for Winter, and January 15 for Spring.