Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering (IE)
- IE Career Flyer
- IE Program Curriculum
- IE Program Flowcharts
- IME Department Course Descriptions
- IE Learning Outcomes
US NEWS AND WORLD REPORT ranks the Cal Poly MfgE program as one of the absolute best in the country - US News & World Report ranks Cal Poly in 3 of the last 5 years as the top undergraduate program not offering a Ph.D program (as of 2012.)
Why? Because the IE program......
- graduates engineers ready to WORK ANYWHERE. With a BS in Industrial Engineering you can work in a variety of industries. Some students work in manufacturing while some enjoy jobs in consulting or entertainment.
- offers opportunities to work with a divierse group of people. IE’s usually enjoy WORKING WITH PEOPLE. Students often works on teams that perpare them for interactions with a individuals in upper management and on the shop floor.
- is a BUSINESS ORIENTED ENGINEERING. While IE’s know much about engineering, math, and science; they often focus on the business side of problem solving.
- allows for an outstanding level of inteaction with TALENTED FACULTY. Class sizes are small; Cal Poly’s student faculty ratio is 19 to 1. All classes are taught by faculty. The IME department does not use graduate students or teaching assistants to teach courses.
- creates a steady DEMAND FOR GRADUATES in Industrial Engineering. If a student wants a job right out of college, they often have multiple job offers. The median salary of IE graduates in 2007-2008 was $65,000.
The Cal Poly IE program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012 - telephone: (410) 347-7700. You can learn about accreditation at www.abet.org.