Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering (MfgE)
- MfgE Career Flyer
- MfgE Program Curriculum
- MfgE Program Flowchart
- IME Department Course Descriptions
- MfgE Program Learning Outcomes
US NEWS AND WORLD REPORT ranks the Cal Poly MfgE program as one of the absolute best in the country - see for yourself at US News Rankings.
Why? Because the MfgE Program...
- is one of the most hands on programs at a school known for hands-on learning.
- MfgE students learn by doing in every class they take.
- allows for an outstanding level of interaction with talented faculty members on courses, projects, club activities, and more.
- Small class size means more feedback and class involvement.
- has truly awesome lab facilities with state of the art equipment ready for use.
- Check out the labs for yourself with a real or virtual visit.
- is always challenging since it draws on virtually every other discipline.
- Computers, mechanics, electronics, economics, materials, software, math, physics, chemistry, and more. See the MfgE Curriculum page above.
- creates a steady demand for graduates from industries that range from aerospace to biomedical to electronics to automotive to energy to computers to . .
- The median starting salary of MfgE graduates in 2007-2008 was $62,250. See where our graduates work.
Since 1996, the Cal Poly MfgE program has been accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012 - telephone: (410) 347-7700. You can learn about accreditation at www.abet.org.