While our department does not offer Ph.D programs, we offer three graduate programs:
|Master in Industrial Engineering (MS IE)|
|Master in Engineering, with specialization in Integrated Technology Management (MS ENGR ITM)|
|Concurrent MBA/MS Engineering Management (EMP)|
The procedure for graduate applicants can be found on the Admissions website. Students interested in pursuing graduate studies in the Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering department must file a complete graduate application online at CSU Mentor. The following materials must also be submitted through Interfolio:
- Cover letter. If you are interested in being considered for a Teaching Associate or Graduate Assistant position, please indicate in the cover letter as well. Other financial support including non-resident tuition waiver is available as well. For additional details, please refer to Cal Poly Graduate Education website.
- Three confidential letters of recommendation sent by your references directly.
- Resume: list in reverse chronological order education, employment, extracurricular/community activities, publications if any, and membership.
- Statement of purpose: provide a summary of your career objectives and work experience with reference to the chosen field of graduate study in one page.
- Scanned unofficial transcripts.
- Self-reported TOEFL and GRE scores.
Domestic and international applicants refer to Cal Poly's admission website.
Note: International applicants can only apply for fall quarter.
Contact the Cal Poly Admissions Office if you have any questions about the application process.
Current Cal Poly Engineering students are eligible to apply for either MS in Industrial Engineering (MS IE) or MS in Engineering, with specialization in Integrated Technology Management (MS ENGR ITM) though the Blended BS + MS program.