Dedication of Haas Automation Laboratories
In recognition of Haas Automation and the Gene Haas Foundation, the College of Engineering dedicated the Haas Netshape Laboratory and the Haas Advanced Manufacturing Laboratory on Jan. 25. These are the second and third labs named in Haas’ honor at Cal Poly.
For more than 27 years, in fact, the company and the foundation have served as leaders in building Cal Poly’s manufacturing engineering program.
Support from Haas includes:
- The company provided entrusted CNC machines that give students experience with the latest equipment.
- The Gene Haas Foundation provides annual scholarships for students interested in careers in manufacturing.
- In the past three years alone, the foundation has given $90,000 to support and upgrade three manufacturing laboratories.
- Haas regularly donates new tooling and materials, such as cutting tools, steel and aluminum, and other in-kind gifts.
- Haas provides support for student projects, offers mentorship and sponsors department events.
- Haas is a steady provider of internships and job opportunities for students and graduates.