Graduate Programs Overview
The IME Department offers three graduate programs and a five-year BS+MS blended program:
- MS-IE - a Master of Science in Industrial Engineering.
- ITM - a Master of Science in Engineering with specialization in Integrated Technology Management (ITM).
- EMP - a joint MBA/MS in Engineering with specialization in Engineering Management (offered with the College of Business).
- 4+1/Blended - A five-year program that allows students to work toward a BS and a Master of Science (MS) at the same time.
Continuous Enrollment Requirement
There is a new continuous enrollment requirement beginning in the Fall 2009. A student must be enrolled in the university (at least 3 quarters per year) until the completion of the degree requirements. If a student is away from campus he/she must enroll through continuing education course.
Forms and Resources:
Please go to the research and graduate programs website for the most up-to-date forms:
- Request for Evaluation (fill this out one or two quarters before graduation)
- Advancement to Candidacy (fill this out one or two quarters before graduation)
- Formal Study Plan (complete this during your first quarter in teh graduate program, if chenges occur just resubmit)
- Internship Guidelines and forms (IME 596 Part I)
- Industry Project Guidelines and forms (IME 596 Part II)
- A video on how to write a Lit Reveiw
- An Example Literature Reveiw
- Postbaccalaureate Change of Objective
- Thesis/Project Committee Membership Form
Application to the IME Department Graduate Programs
MS-IE and MS-ITM: If you are applying to the MS-IE or MS-ITM program please apply through the University Admissions website. In addition, send two letters of recommendations and any other supporting documents you wish to the graduate coordinator at the address below.
EMP Program: Students interested in the EMP program should refer to the College of Business information on admissions to the dual degree programs.
4+1 Program: If you are applying to the 4+1 program (you are a current Cal Poly engineering undergrad) see the information on this website regarding the 4+1 programs
Details of above programs are available in the University Catalog.
Prospective students can contact IME Graduate Program Coordinator:
Dr. Lizabeth Thompson Schlemer, Associate Professor
Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, CA 93407-0357